Consumer Loan Officer
NW Priority Credit Union
- 100% Employer-paid health, vision, prescription and dental insurance option for all full-time employees. 45% Employer-paid dependent coverage.
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match – NWPCU matches up to 4% AND gives 6% of the annual salary.
- 100% Employer-paid life insurance/AD&D package (up to $50,000)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 11 paid Holidays
- Short and long term disability (We cover 50% of the premium)
- Employees receive 1% discount on certain loans after one year of employment.
Requirements Minimum three years underwriting and interviewing experience
- Performs lending functions in conformance with established credit union policies and procedures. Interviews loan applicants in person, by telephone and e-mail, gathering required information for credit applications, explaining loan options, rates, terms and collateral requirements.
- Provides routine information on credit union loan services, types of loans available, eligibility requirements, rates, terms and collateral requirements. Provides financial counseling.
- Recognizes members needs for various services and cross sells credit union services when appropriate or refers members to appropriate department when necessary.
- Answers routine member inquiries regarding account balances, payment amounts, status or history. Gives Blue Book information upon request.
- Obtains credit reports when required, verifies debts, calculates monthly payments, calculates debt ratio, verifies income, determines collateral needs and verifies insurance coverage for each applicant.
- Approves loans to a predetermined loan limit. Refers loans over predetermined limit to designated individuals.
- Prepares loan documents, including notes, security agreements, payroll deduction authorization, vehicle title forms, etc. Verifies that all documents have been accurately completed. Prepares disbursement checks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.