Application Support Manager
Salal Credit Union
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN APPLICATIONS SUPPORT MANAGER
- Coordinate with internal and external business partners to support day-to-day operations as well as initiatives of the organization.
- Deliver stable and scalable technologies that directly contribute to the growth and success of the Credit Union.
- Provide guidance to the IT Applications Support team.
- Assure staff development through continuing education and training to allow for succession needs and achievement of corporate and personal goals.
- Lead department projects and initiatives as necessary ensuring that all changes to existing technologies, or addition of new technologies, comply with the Credit Union’s change management policy and procedures.
- Proactively seek ways to improve application system functions within the organization by researching, recommending, and implementing emerging technologies and upgrades.
- Routinely inquire about operational needs of all business units to ensure needs are met. Assess potential impact of suggested solutions and ensure proposed deployment of technology aligns with strategic goals of the department and organization.
- Deliver information through strong communication and partnership skills to interact with key stakeholders to manage, inform, and influence outcomes.
- Maintain detailed timelines for each application release and manage staff to meet deadlines.
- Participate in developing and maintaining a systems disaster recovery plan.
- Work effectively with a diverse team. Lead by example to create an inclusive and professional environment where all team members are respected, and diversity is valued.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR AN APPLICATION SUPPORT MANAGER
- 5+ years of experience in an IT or technology-related role
- 2+ years of management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience
- Strong skills related to communication, employee coaching, performance analysis, and project management
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive base salary of $100,000-140,000 annually depending on experience. This range reflects the entire salary range for the position. Most candidates can expect to receive an offer with an annual salary within 35-60% of the identified range for their respective position.
- Potential to earn additional compensation through our profit-sharing bonus program. This position qualifies for the Manager tier of the program with semi-annual payouts each totaling between 0-7.5% of annual salary.
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance. Our high deductible plan options include a health savings account (HSA) with annual company-paid contributions.
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- 1 floating holiday per year (eligible for use after 90 days of employment)
- Paid holidays in accordance with the Federal Reserve calendar
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) plan with pretax and post-tax (Roth) options including company matching after 6 months of employment
- Charitable contribution matching
- Monthly transportation subsidy for employees that qualify
- Company-paid life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurances. Additional insurance options are available on a voluntary basis and are paid for by the employee.
Expanded details about our benefit offerings can be found at the following link: https://salalcu.applicantpro.com/pages/benefits/